Get A Consultation Now (714) 321-9999

Bench Warrants or Arrest Warrants

OC Warrant Attorney

We Handle OC Warrants, L.A. Warrants & Riverside County Warrants

Wais Azami is an affordable Orange County warrant lawyer who routinely handles arrest warrants and recalls bench warrants in the Orange County, LA and Inland Empire from his Garden Grove office.  A California traffic ticket warrant lawyer can save you time from having to go to court yourself.  Sometimes it's even possible to recall the warrant on the same day.  Don't take a chance getting pulled over or dragged into custody when you're least prepared. 

I got an arrest warrant in the mail. What is a bench warrant for failure to appear?

It means one or more of the following:

  • You missed a court appearance after a violation. Infractions count too!
  • You missed an arraignment.
  • You failed to appear in court after promising to do so.
  • Your attorney did not show up for your hearing(s). 

Can the police arrest me anywhere when I have a warrant? 

The short answer is yes!  As a fugitive, you are wanted and the court needs your physical presence in court.  Thus, you can be picked up at your house, work, or anywhere in public.  

Can the police take me from my house when there's a warrant for my arrest?

Short answer is yes, but read below.  They may have an arrest warrant for you but they must still follow certain procedures.  

Who issues a warrant or bench warrant or arrest warrant?

A judge or magistrate in that jurisdiction.

Can I bail out if I'm arrested for a warrant?

Generally, no. Read below for more information. We can assist with you OC warrants in as little as one business day. 

What can I do if I'm not a citizen and there's a warrant for my arrest?

The short answer is to get a lawyer as soon as possible without talking to law enforcement.  There are certain things immigrants must be aware of when they are facing criminal charges. Click here for more info.

Do I need an attorney for a warrant? 

It's always advisable to have a warrant attorney who is not only  licensed, but also practices  primarily criminal defense.  If you're an illegal alien, most simple misdemeanor charges can be handled by your attorney to avoid incarceration, because the judge could ask the bailiff to hold you until you could pay for your bail. Once you are incarcerated, there is always a chance ICE may place a hold on you, even after you've paid the bond and are about to be released.  In that case, you would forfeit the fees you paid to bail out and would still be held by ICE.  

How are California bench warrants issued?

Orange County warrants or warrants anywhere in California are usually issued by a magistrate or court because someone has failed to comply with a legal demand or a court order.  For example, not showing up for a scheduled court date or scheduled court hearing, not fulfilling terms of probation or parole, not paying fines, not appearing in court when demanded by the judge to appear, not appearing after promising to appear, and for various other reasons.  Traffic ticket warrant is one of the most common ways to get a warrant for your arrest. A traffic ticket warrant lawyer can usually show up without you if the underlying crime is a Misdemeanor.  

The bottom line is that when a bench warrant has been issued for you, you could be taken into custody and forced to appear in front of a judge. If that is on a Friday afternoon, you'll have to wait until next weekday the court is open.  No bail will be allowed. Law enforcement can take you in by coming to your known address, by pulling you over while you're driving, by finding by coincidence/accident (usually in car accidents where people have to show ID's), or anywhere else you are identified by law enforcement.  There are no set times when they can or cannot come for you.  Once an arrest warrant has been issued, you're considered a fugitive.  

No bail warrant meaning? 

This means you can't bail out.  The reason there is a warrant for your arrest is because the magistrate wants to see you personally or have your legal representative show up to answer for you.  That's because you have already failed to do something which you were obligated to do, or you promised to do, or was ordered by court to do.  Once the court is satisfied with you or your attorney's presence with an explanation for your failure, they will decide whether your will be allowed to leave based on the new agreement between you and the court.  

OC Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Orange County, L.A. and Riverside County

Anaheim Criminal Lawyer, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Fullerton Court, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach Criminal Lawyer, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Midway City, Orange, Placentia, Santa Ana Criminal Lawyer, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, Long Beach, Downey, Bellflower, Hawaiian Gardens, Cerritos, Cypress, Midway City, Long Beach, Harbor Court, Santa Ana Court, Fullerton Court, Westminster Court, Downey Court, Pasadena Court, Bellflower Court, LA Metro Court, Riverside Court, Southwest Justice Center